Starter R&R

     Chris asks:
     ...Looks like I might have to remove the starter from the car this
     weekend. Is there anything tricky about getting the thing out,
     anything I should know, etc.? I'm guessing it's just held on by a few
     bolts, and that I can undo those and remove it......

     Just one thing, Chris,
     The starter is held in proper location and alignment by a shoulder
     bolt. One of the two or three bolts has a larger shank than threaded
     portion. This very precisely locates the starter with relation to the
     flywheel. Put it in the wrong hole, and the starter motor will make
     some very tortured-sounding noises. I believe the correct hole is the
     uppermost one, but make sure to note where it came from. Checking the
     manual would also be a good idea...
     Len