"Bang" when shifting 4th to 5th at high rpm

Hi, this is my first post to this digest. I got my first ever Alfa a few
weeks ago, a 1992 Spider Veloce and I'm in love with it! Yesterday I took
it out on the highway for a day trip (I live in Arizona, USA). Several
times when shifting from 4th to 5th gear (I revved up the engine to about
4000rpm) there was a bang (kinda like a rock had hit the underside of the
car) in the vicinity of the passenger-side floor area upon releasing the
clutch. I didn't notice any adverse behavior afterwards but I'm worried
that something is damaged or about to break. Does anyone have an idea what
could be going on? The only other thing I noticed is that in first gear
with the clutch about half way released, the stick is wiggling in a
circular motion. Is that normal? I'm not car-mechanically inclined so I'll
have to find a garage for a check up and potential repair (a few things are
broken, e.g. speedometer hardly moving past 40mph, airbag light stays on
etc.) anyway. Any recommendations for a garage specializing in Alfas in the
Phoenix, Arizona area?

Best,
Martin
1992 Spider Veloce