Re: GTV-6 clutch

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< The first is the clutch. When I got the car the clutch master
 cylinder was obviously bad (pedal sank to the floor) so I rebuilt both it
 and the slave. Now the pedal feels firm and it doesn't use any fluid, but
 it doesn't want to disengage. The first few times I drove the car the
 clutch worked ok for the first 5 minutes or so and then refused to
 disengage, now it won't disengage at all. Is the disk hanging up on the
 input shaft splines? Do I have to take the clutch apart to fix this? >>

I had the same problem years ago when I bought a GTV-6 that had been in
storage.  It had the double-disk clutch, and the fix was to pull the clutch
out, clean, inspect, and reassemble.  I think (but am not sure) I put some
sort of lube on the input shaft.  At any rate, you wouldn't want to put alot
on!   My GTV-6 was always kinda noisy in neutral.  I blamed it on the
double-disk clutch.  Worked OK after getting this bit of attention, though.

Bill Sims