164S Extreme Sunroof Squeaks and Rattles

All three 164S' I've owned have had some amount of annoying squeaking sounds
coming from the sunroof (I'm not referring to wind noise- I have a deflector
mounted). My current one has gotten so bad that even with the sunroof fully
closed (used to happen only in the tilt position), it has a loud and endless
squeak. If I push up on the small panel that is the "pop-up" part of the
sunroof from the interior, the noise stops.

Obviously, all or some of the sunroof and its mechanism are loose. I pulled
out the trusty car disc and found page after page on adjusting and replacing
the sunroof, but found nothing directly addressing the problem. Has anyone
out there dealt with this issue? Is there a direct way to approaching this
problem that's worked for someone? Thanks in advance for the help.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
91 164S x 2 (retired)
Mill Valley CA