re: dragging brake pad/piston alignment tool

Dave,
	Had a '67 Bug do this to me once.  Drove it from my parents home where
it had stayed for about 1 year - just bought my Spider.  Never noticed
that the left rear brake was dragging the entire 16 mile journey.  Water
was bouncing off the wheel like a hot frying pan!  The emergency brake
mechanism didn't release correctly.  Yours sounds like the brake caliper
is not retracting every time you use the brakes.  Check the pad wear on
both front wheels.  Could be that all you need to do is squirt some
WD40/Liquid Wrench on the piston to free them up...or at worse, replace
the caliper.

	Bruce