164 brake lights and remote entry

Some days ago I pushed in my clutch on my 91 164S and a washer landed on my
ankle.  Well....about 2 weeks later the bolt fell.  A cotter pin had
extracted itself via aid from the carpet..  That's where I found the pin, in
the carpet.  When the bolt fell, the clutch stayed on the floor.

With aid of my wife's little hands and upside-down petite body, we got it
back in and it's working fine, except the brake lights won't go off, even
with the key removed.

I had to leave for a week, so I removed the brake light fuse.

First question; how do I reset the relay, or whatever, that makes the brake
lights work right?

Second issue.  Somehow the battery continued to drain after the fuse was
removed, so I needed to charge it upon my return.  The manual says I must
turn off my security system, using appropriate key, referring me to a
location in my trunk, noting that I should recognize the switch by its
rubber cap.  Huh?  Nothing close in my trunk.  I charged the battery anyway,
the car starts, and now I'm traveling (New Orleans) for another week.

Second question:  Where is this switch in my trunk, and if I only have an
ignition key, could I possibly also have the "appropriate key?"

Many thanks.
Steve Morgan