164 brake lights and remote entry

Steve,

I reckon the brake lights stuck on will be that the micro switch has got
mangled, or isn't aligned correctly with the pedal. This was covered
recently; check back a few digests? Failing that, get your wife out again...
how do you fit her in the tool-box? Surely you don't keep her in the
garage..

As for the alarm - IF you have the 'proper' AR alarm, there will be a
keyhole in the alarm/sounder, which is in the trunk (right hand side,
looking from the rear). The key will be a 'little one'.  If you don't have
the proper AR alarm, like me, but an after market/newer model, all that
stuff is under the hood. But you'll still need the key!

Good luck,

Simon (suffering phantom "low brake fluid" warnings, dropped door, and slow
window motor woes)