Re: berlina rear calipers

>When I tried to reassemble them, I put the large seal in the bore, and
>tried to slide the piston in, having coated all components with brake
>fluid. It would not enter (it would hit the seal and go just a little
>further), either of them in either bore. Is there anything I am missing?
Try rotating the pistons slightly while pushing them in. The problem is
that the psitons hit the edge of the seal protruding from its groove in the
bore. Careful though, it's easy to damage the seal by forcing the piston.
Incidentally, I prefer to use brake grease instead of brake fluid. Less
aggressive, better lubricating properties, won't leak out, and it was made
for the purpose.
>Also, the kit contained two small seals, but I don't know where they
>belong. Any ideas?
Seals between the two caliper halves?

Best, Jaap Bouma (Netherlands)
'87 GTV6 2.5 Grand Prix