Roll pins

I have 2 points about roll pins.  Friction loss in fluids have 2 basic
components.  One is from the size of the restriction.  The other is the
length of the restriction.  The length will cause the greater losses.
The roll pins are short, even if they were doubled thsi would not effect
the oil supply to much.

Second, I have tried to remove a roll pin, and I have the ruined block to
prove it.  The steel that the roll pin is made of is tough stuff.  I
ruined several drill bits with little progress.  I then took the block to
a machine shop and they tried to pull the pin.  They ended up scarring
the mating surface on my block, and the  pin did not move.

There is a process that will disolve steel, and leave the aluminum
unaffected.  If one is anal to the point that they would not want the
roll pins doubled up, this would be the way to go.

Kevin
Orem Utah
71 Spider

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]