Re: 101 Giulia serial numbers; 1750 crankshaft; Rugh springs

> Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 20:26:54 -0600
> From: James Phaon Caldwell <jpcaldwell@domain.elided>
> Subject: 101 Giulia serial numbers; 1750 crankshaft; Rugh springs
>
> Does anyone know of a source that lists Giulia Spider (101-23) chassis
> number sequences per year of production?  In other words, what VIN
> sequence corresponds to the 1963 model year, the 1964 model year, etc.
> My "1963" Spider's VIN is AR372591.

This information is available in the Fusi book. As I am a few
days behind in Digest perusal, I assume this one has been
answered already

> I'll rerun a question I posted a few weeks ago (got no response).  Is
> the crankshaft in a 1750 engine fully-counterweighted--as the ones in
> the 2-liter engine are?  Or is it partially-counterweighted, as in the
> 1600?

We have in our used parts department a crank or two from just about
all of the 750 through 115 engines. From a purely visual standpoint, I
can tell you that a 1750 crank looks a lot more like a 2000 than it does
a 1600.

> And finally, are the springs currently sold by Centerline manufactured
> by Rugh? I was privileged to drive Stephen Gibbon's (of Centerline) VERY
> nice 1750-powered Giulietta (equipped with Centerline springs) last
> fall. Handling was very solid--with no degradation in ride quality.
> (Ran like a striped-assed ape, too!)

Centerline's springs are of our own design, manufactured exclusively for
us by a spring manufacturer in the mid-west. At this point in time, I believe
we are the only folks offering performance oriented springs for the 750/101
series cars. We also offer performance springs for the 105/115 cars. In
both cases, they provide a "tuner car" ride (AMG Mercedes, "M" BMW,
etc) and real world ground clearance. Both sets are designed to mate with
RED Konis.

Joel Hailey
Centerline Products
Boulder CO