re: Giulia Spider serial numbers

In AD7-604 Tom Callahan of Seattle mentions that his Giulia Spider 372508
(which would be the 507th built) came off the assembly line on 8 Sept 1962.
The car had been introduced at Monza 27 June 1962, seventy-three days earlier,
but the start of real production could have been earlier or later. Fusi says
3145 Giulia Spiders were built in 1962, so they were building them at about
thirty-two a day in the later part of the year.

Since the last 1095 Giuliettas had Giulia bodies the production timing would
have been determined more by the Giulia T.I. introduction (on the same day)
than by Body manufacturing. He mentions the three-shoe brakes; the first 5600
Giulia Spiders had them, which would have taken them past mid-1963, probably
late July. Veloce production didn't start until over a year later.

Tom mentions that his engine has a normale head and Veloce bottom end,
courtesy of a beneficent PO. Nice combination, if he wants to make it a near-
Veloce; I understand that upgrading the top should be easier (and cheaper)
than upgrading the bottom would be.

John H.