re: Giulia Spider serial numbers

In AD v7n602, John H (from NC) responded to a previous inquiry concerning
Giulia Spider serial numbers. In his response, John provided referenced data
concerning numbers and build dates.

I'd like to add that my '63 Spider (according to the local registrar) came off
the assembly line on 8 Sep '62 and was shipped to Hoffman Motors, NY. The
serial number on my car (as best I can read it through the front grille
openings at the moment) is 101.23.372508. Fits in the '62 year groups as
outlined in Mr. Hertzman's post.

Mine has the 3-shoe front brakes, fake hood scoop, and 1600 engine (although
the lineage of this particular engine is in question at the moment) -- all
correct for an early Giulia Spider. No mention of "Veloce" in the archives
response, so one assumes this is the "normal" version. (So, then, how did the
engine end up with a "normal" head and Veloce bottom end? We suspect a PO
transplant.)

Thanks to both Mr. Hertzman and the AR/FIAT archives for their sharing of
valuable knowledge.

Tom
'63 Spider (confused, at the moment)
Seattle