Frustrations with the spider

well my cries for help on the 78 spider are not producing any results....I
appreciate all those who referenced certian books and manuals...many of which
I already have.  but none the less I am still short one thermostatic
actuator...and not willing to pay the 220 for a rebuilt without being positive
that is my problem....all things considered I would just as soon find a good
deal on a used weber setup and be done with it...barring that, for
considerably less than the cost of a new weber setup or a new SPICA fuel pump
I am tempted to toss in a rotary or the 350 chevy I had set aside for my XJ6
project....the cost is just too extensive on fuel injection parts I prefer a
car I can drive and enjoy...not one which requires the considreable cash
outlay I am facing to "maintain" this alfa....so, someone please stop
me...lead me to the used parts haven so I may fix this vehicle cheaply...or if
you really love the cars and hate to think about what I am considering....buy
it off me...cheap....Ive got my eye on a 72 buick riviera which would make a
killer lowrider project....and be better on my budget.   Cant see putting
hydraulics on an alfa...but it would be a unique lowrider.

End of alfa-digest V7 #592