Re: Lubricants

I've been feeding my Ducati and Moto Guzzi motorcycles, Toyota MR2 and
Alfa Romeo Spider on a steady diet of Mobil 1 15w50 for many years. It
seems to work extremely well.

On the Ducatis, in which the gearbox and engine share oil reservoir, I
find that Torco 20w50 MPZ Synthetic is just a smidge better (it improves
the shifting marginally), but it's about 4x the cost per quart ... Mobil
1 is available here in discount stores for $3.40/qt and Torco MPZ
Synthetic is $12.80/qt. It's not THAT much better.

Godfrey

>Is there a specific brand out there that anyone could suggest for a Spider.
>I have always been told that Synthetic is the way to go?  True or false?

End of alfa-digest V7 #591