BMW 3.5L AFM in a Milano

Guys,

	Well it's not working...yet. I was expecting the car to run lean
because of the bigger physical dimensions, but boy did it run lean (0.012V
on the DVM at idle running open loop). Running it closed loop gave me a
0.03V reading but then it would start to drop to 0.023V and stay there. I
still think that is too lean. And my 02 sensor wouldn't hunt anymore. Mind
you this was at idle with the bypass screw fully closed! So it doesn't
idle all that well and I'm afraid to drive it since I don't have the LED
meter to tell me whether I'm running lean or rich. I could build one of
those using either 1 or 2 chips from National Semiconductor LMXXX. But I'm
too lazy to do that 8-). So any of you guys have any tips? BTW the part
number is 0 280 203 012.
	With my 2.5 AFM I open loop gives me 0.09V (rich) and closed loop
makes the 02 sensor hunt from 0.02-0.08V. Somehow with the 2.5 AFM I can't
make the openloop 02 sensor voltage drop below 0.09V short of just taking
out the bypass screw. I'll check for air leaks caused by a stuck flap. Uh
but anyway I would like to solve the BMW AFM first. I can handle the 2.5
AFM on my own....maybe...

TIA!

Zamani
'87 Milano Gold 3.0 with 3.0 ECU and 2.5 AFM (also 3.5 BMW AFM)

p/s The reason I run a 2.5 AFM is because those 3.0 AFMs are so hard to
comeby. When I find one they're broken.