removing front springs, help

     I'll state right up front that I know this subject has been cover
     numerous times in the past ... but now "I" need to know :-)

     I'm tearing apart my "parts" car in order to make room in the garage.
     I have everything off that I wish to keep except the front suspension.
     The spring compressors I have just will not fit in there and I'm
     looking for a way to remove the hub assembly without the spring
     unloading and killing me in the process.

     I've heard of the "thread rod" method but it seems like a lot of work
     (and time) for what appears otherwise a simple job. (I guess I should
     also mention that "all" other parts are off the car so there is very
     little weight there, so a jack under the pan will do no good)

     Make no mistake, I do want to do it safely, but the "junk man" comith
     and if I'm keeping the suspension I need to get if off rather quickly.
     (by Friday night)

     Thanks to anyone with any assistance.

     Tim Lentz
     Tampa FL