funky noise on spider

My 90 Spider has recently developed a strange rattle/vibration noise.  It
sounds as if somethings are vibrating against each other and it happens while
the car is in forward motion only.  I can not replicate the noise while it is
stationary.  Also, the noise appears mostly when I slightly lift off the
throttle and never during acceleration.  Once I have reached by desired speed
and lift slightly the noise appears.  It also appears when I lift to change
gears. It sounds like it is coming from the rear half of the vehicle or
perhaps underneath the passenger compartment.  I have checked the exhaust and
it appears tight through out and does not appear to be rubbing anywhere.  I
have also checked the heat shield above the cat. converter and it seems to be
in its proper place.  Does anyone have any other ideas?

Rob Murphy
90 Spider
Coral Springs, FL