Re: V6 Wheel Bearing

I have some play in both my front wheel bearings. They were replaced 2 years ago.
It's not much. In fact very slight. I checked the assembly. I tried to tighten
down the outer lock nut but to insert the pin in the next tightest postion would
cause the washer between the outer bearing and the lock nut to not move freely.
The workshop manual specifies that it MUST move freely. Which is quite puzzling. I
want the bearing to have no play at all but can't tighten it enough to make it not
play and not seize. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Zamani