Niki Lauda Spider

Jason, you posted to the digest:

I am trying to restore a 79 Niki Lauda Spider.  I have gotten some
conflicting reports on what ground effects were on it.  some say it was
just the rear spoiler and front air dam, and some say there were some
special skirts that went all the way around the car. Does anyone really
know? Also I am trying to track down some pictures of that car and a source
for the racing stripes that went on it.

thanks,
jason
1979 alfa romeo spider, niki lauda #120
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- ------------------------------
Jason:

I am the owner of Niki Lauda Spider #022 which I purchased new in 1978.  I have
maintained it in original condition.  The Niki Lauda Spider did not have a front
air dam or side skirts.  It had a rear spoiler, decals, badges and a chrome tip
exhaust.  I will send you all of the information I have on the Niki Lauda
Spider.  I'll try to bring it with me to work tomorrow.  The Niki Lauda Spider
was produced in 1978.  I have a spare decal set, but I will not part with it.  I
can have a duplicate set made by a silk-screen shop in Superior, WI but I have
no idea what it would cost.  They would have to make the dies to produce the
decals.  It could be possible that the original dies may still exist at the
Meyercord corporation in Chicago, IL where the original decals were made.  I
have pondered the possibility of attempting to locate and purchase the original
dies but haven't been serious about it since I don't desperately need them
myself.

Loyd Heimbruch
Stella del Nord Chapter (Minnesota), AROC
78 Niki Spider #022