RE: GTV6 halfshaft boots

>         Just discovered the small tears in the outer CV boots, depositing
> grease onto the rear shock bodies.   I found in my copious spares boxes a
> couple of replacement kits, which include a tube of lube and zip ties for
> the boots.
>
>         Questions:   Can the boot be changed without dropping the whole
> half-shaft?

probably, but i wouldn't recommend it.  remove the entire half shaft, strip
both ends, properly clean everything, and replace both boots.  if one side
is going the other won't be too far behind.

those joints can be tricky to get apart - even when it's in front of you in
a vice.  i wouldn't bother trying to do them in the car.

>                 Are the zip ties likely to be adequate, or should I get
> some of IAP's metal clamps?

i'd use the metal ones.

>                 Any tricks to applying the lube?

make sure you get it everywhere, and don't apply too much (only one tube's
contents per joint).

have fun,

bs