GTV6 halfshaft boots

        =

        I've got the race car up on the lift. (New "Backyard Buddy"   lov=
it).    Doing the pre-season survey, I've identified, and replaced the
failed rear transaxle mount, getting new Watts link bars made with heim
ends, and replacing/loc-titing the repeatedly loosening steering rack
bolts.

        Just discovered the small tears in the outer CV boots, depositing=

grease onto the rear shock bodies.   I found in my copious spares boxes a=

couple of replacement kits, which include a tube of lube and zip ties for=

the boots.

        Questions:   Can the boot be changed without dropping the whole
half-shaft?

                Are the zip ties likely to be adequate, or should I get
some of IAP's metal clamps?
        =

                Any tricks to applying the lube?

Thanks