Re: catalyst shield rattle,75/Milano manual fan switch

Terry & Sharon:
My advice is find a way to put it on so it doesn't rattle.  The heat
shield in our 164 had a hole burned in it when the cat. wore out and
burned through.  That could have been the floor of the car.  Cat
converters do run hot and so the heat shield should provide some
interior comfort for barefooted or lightly shod persons using the car.
The Behr airconditioning was good in the '75 Alfetta GT, I don't think
the factory air can do as well.<G>
Good Luck,
Bernie Bennett

End of alfa-digest V7 #440