Ford-Volvo-Jaguar-Aston-Martin...aka Folvo-JAM International

With all of the consolidations going-on in the global business world, I think
we need some CONSOLATION!  In addition to being an Alfa Romeo owner, I am a
Volvo owner (our second one) and have enjoyed each one (especially our 850
turbo) but feel strangely sad that these small and wonderfully independant
automobile manufacturers have now all faded-away through aquisitions.

I suppose intellectually it might be good for Volvo, Alfa-Romeo, Jaguar and
Aston-Martin in their respective R&D departments and production lines to have
access to Ford's vast resources, it's just now that all of these marques seem
a little artificial.  Sweet-n-low anyone?