Re: how to clean a Spider rear window?

<< Subject: Re: how to clean a Spider rear window? >>

Well,  I am sorry to tell you that your rear window sounds as if it is beyond
help.  By the time the plastic reaches that point, it is virtually destroyed.
You might consider chatting with your "friendly" upholster to see is he could
merely sew in the rear window.  Once you've done that, there are many things
you could use to maintain the window.  Soft-top rear windows often fall victim
to people that use "Windex-like" chemicals (causes yellowing), wiping the
window when it is dry and full of grit (a BIG no-no) which scratches the hell
out of the plastic material, "sun-burn" from too much sun exposure (park the
car in the garage OR when you actually drive the car drive it with the top
DOWN like it should be!

Some of the products that the others have described will work well (I use
Meguilar's multi-step system with polish, cleaner and UV protection) as will
the have a SLIGHT abrasive/polishing compound (like toothpaste or jewelers
rouge with a light mechanical buffer).  I must be doing something right since
my rear glass and top is over 6 years old and still looks nice.

Good Luck,

Chris Finks
Portland, OR
AROO/AROC