Re:More CarDisk conversion stuff

>A couple of questions: Why don't one of you computer geeks/gurus contact
>CarDisk and offer to solve their obviously messy set-up?

Well, I contacted them after I bought the two CDs I have and told them
what I could do for them. They seemed singularly uninterested at the
time, I guess the attitude of "We're the only game in town and we only
sell a couple dozen disks a year anyway." has a lot to do with it.
There's not a lot of profit in this kind of stuff, and reinvesting
development energy into it is often just a dead end.

>If they say they're working on it, or yes, they're interested, great. If
>they think it's okay the way it is, then screw-it and offer a solution
>on the Digest. OR - if someone has the same (hard-copy) information they
>do, why not go into business? A little healthy competition might be good
>for all concerned.

Scanning all the documents is a huge task. That's why I'm happy to buy
the pre-scanned data from them even if their software is very basic.

Does anyone have parts books for the '79 and '82 Spider? I'd really like
to get my hands on a set of parts books as I now have a car built up with
pieces of both, a parts book would resolve a lot of little issues.

Godfrey