Re: rear caliper

In a message dated 1/30/99 10:52:09 AM Central Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

>  hi,
>  	the left rear caliper on my 84 gtv6 is leaking. it looks like a pain to
>  remove. do you have to undo the axle and rotor? any tips are greatly
>  appreciated.
>
>  thanks,
>  Mike Hooker

You can remove the caliper after removing the rotor.  You can undo the 8 bolts
from the rotor and drop the rotor down and away from the caliper.  Then you
can have access to the two bolts that hold the caliper in place.  Best to
detach the brake line at the back where it joins the T fitting.  Pretty easy
once you have the rotor out.  Just did this on my '79 Alfetta...same system.

Jerry in Houston