Re:More CarDisk conversion stuff

*********************
Then, with no infringement of copyright, I could post the DHTML pages
and
instructions for converting and organizing the CarDisk files
appropriately for use with them. Users would still have to buy the
CarDisk
CDs, they could then use improved web browser based tools to access the
data correctly.

That's about the best solution to the problem I can think of. I also
wish
they'd included the parts books listings for the various cars on the CD
as
the parts book information is often the most useful of all.

Godfrey
*********************

A couple of questions: Why don't one of you computer geeks/gurus contact
CarDisk and offer to solve their obviously messy set-up? I don't own any
at this time, but if they expand their line and make it compatible with
MAC's, I'm sure I would in the future.

If they say they're working on it, or yes, they're interested, great. If
they think it's okay the way it is, then screw-it and offer a solution
on the Digest. OR - if someone has the same (hard-copy) information they
do, why not go into business? A little healthy competition might be good
for all concerned.

ALSO, might there be someone out there who either owns or has access to
a number of Alfa parts books and speaks (writes) in dos/Windows, MAC,
and Unix platforms? And might be interested in doing a little business
in the not too distant future?

Biba
Irwindale CA