Re: Stuck Spider Head

Guys, when I suggested Fred's technique of starting the motor to "blow"
the head gasket to make it easier to remove, I DID point out that you need
to put back EVERYTHING you undid to take the head off. This means the chain
is hooked up and timed, or at least put back with the cams in the same place
they were. You won't make any compression by taking the cams and chain out
because the pistons will be sucking on a closed up head. The only thing you
don't put back the way it was is the torque on the head nuts, and a full
ration of coolant.

I suspect the real problem here is the old stud corrosion gremlin, not the
gasket. I recommend a gallon can of WD-40! Perhaps Liquid Wrench would
penetrate the rust better.

I'm surprised Fred didn't jump in here and read us the riot act... ;=)