RE: Stuck Spider Head

Philip Walton wrote:
> I have an 88 Spider Veloce with 60K and an extremely stuck
> cylinder head. I have tried all variations of the methods
> listed in the Shop Manual...

> [including] the factory approach with a threaded dowel screwed
> into the 2nd cylinder and a nut turning against a platform
> mounted on the cylinder head bolts. I can't even get the thing
> to budge at all... I broke my platform on method number 4.

The St Louis AROC tool box has the factory head removal tool.
It consists of two metal plates approximately 5in x 5in square
each of which is 15mm thick!!! There is no way using the factory
tool that the plates will break. It may strip the spark plug hole,
but won't break the platform.

So it may be worthwhile to revist using the factory method
with beefed up plates.

Good luck

Rich Hirsch
'87 Milano