Spider rear end vibration

- --0__=Z4FKRrB8S0hEzlYKs2Y14JcEPACSDOV2aj9do86ruTHq9hTKsDVwLNHD

I have a 1982 Spider, and I have been having trouble with the rear end.
When accelerating over bumps, I get a vibration - like metal on metal.  The
vibration is not constant, and it comes and goes with the bumps in the
road.  If I accelerate on a smooth road, I don
- --0__=Z4FKRrB8S0hEzlYKs2Y14JcEPACSDOV2aj9do86ruTHq9hTKsDVwLNHD

?t have any problems/noises.
Also, if I shake the rear wheels, they each exhibit a small amount of p=
lay.
I removed each wheel to make sure the lug nuts where tightened correctl=
y,
but there was no change.  Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
Alan White
1982 Spider
=

- --0__=Z4FKRrB8S0hEzlYKs2Y14JcEPACSDOV2aj9do86ruTHq9hTKsDVwLNHD--

End of alfa-digest V7 #411