Re: rear suspention on Alfetta GT

Setting Koni's. In practise there is a wide range of damping that will work
OK. A lot to preference. I like them so that the car stops at normal
position immediately after you bounce it. You can pull down on them
(disconnected or even removed) and time with a stop-watch to confirm that
the 2 are equal.
Effect on handling. Effect on steady state balance = zero.
Effect on turn-in response. Quite a lot. Basically a firmer rebound damper
(on the rear) will cause greater weight transfer to the other wheels,
primarily the outside front. You will probably find that this makes the car
turn-in more quickly. If the rate was excessive, it would oversteer on
turn-in, as the inside rear would unload completely.
In practise, I would set them as firm as possible, that is still supple
enough to keep good road contact. They will need to be firm to damp your
heavier springs.
BTW, what rate or dimensions are the Lucas-Leyland P-76 springs? Watch
oversteer if too stiff. Where did you find the P-76?

Keith