Road&Track Editorial: (BMW did NOT Invent the Sports Sedan)

This morning I was reading the latest Road & Track.  In the comparison of
"sports sedans" they made a statement that went something like: ...since BMW
invented the sports sedan 30 years ago....

Perhaps we can all set the facts straight by mentioning to them that Alfa
Romeo introduced the original sports sedan in 1962 with the introduction of
the Giulia TI.  I suppose one could challenge that claim by noting that the
TI was somewhat limited in production.  The rebuttal to that, of course, is
the introduction of the Super in 1965, arguably the quintessential sports
sedan.

You can e-mail Road&Track at: feedback@domain.elided

Bob Brady, DVAROC