Stuck Spider Head

I have an 88 Spider Veloce with 60K and an extremely stuck cylinder head.  I
have tried all variations of the methods listed in the Shop Manual, Alfa
Owner's Bible and the great advice of the folks at Centerline,  no luck!
The methods that have so far been used are:  Rubber Mallet, Rope in the 1st
and 4th cylinders (from the AOB), Scissors Jack mounted on the head bolts
lifting on rope attached to the exhaust studs and the intake manifold, and
the factory approach with a threaded dowel screwed into the 2nd cylinder and
a nut turning against a platform mounted on the cylinder head bolts.  I
can't even get the thing to budge at all.  I even broke the rope on method
number 2 and I broke my platform on method number 4.  I would like to avoid
damaging anything in my efforts to remove the head and I am therefore
becoming a little concerned that my guesses as to additional methods may not
be the best approach.  Does anyone have any ideas as to either revisitation
of already attempted methods or new methods that might be attempted?  I am
becoming truly desperate!  Thanks so much in advance.

Philip Walton
88 Spider Veloce