rear ended...again

Well... one year latter it happened again, while waiting to turn the
newly repaired, repainted, re-glassed, re-shod and re-clutched Milano
was nailed in the left rear by a clodding, fume belching but nearly
indistrctable surburban assault vehicle. The driver must have had
more pressing business at hand because he declined the invitation to
exchange information and split. Thankfully my wife and child seem
unharmed...not so the Alfa...one look under the rear and
the body shop mgr. said, "hell...we might be able the pound out
the body but..we aint never going to get all that suspension plumbing
back together" insurance company agrees.
Before I go toe to toe with the adjuster I would appreciate
any informaton on book value and retail value on the car, an
'87 silver 5 speed, in great shape "sob", aprox 90,000 miles.
Do you think I can buy the car back, I can use the drivetrain
in my GT6.
Any advise is greatly appreciated
Bill
Dallas