RE: vapor separator

READY, FIRE, AIM.  I am not normally prone to take offense, but had the
author read the balance of my message before castigating me, he would
have noted that I stated that I clean mine out annually.  It would
logically follow therefore, that it must still be connected since there
would be little point to repeatedly cleaning it if it were disconnected.
Note additionally that I expressed no desire for anyone to inhale
crankcase emissions, nor did I advocate the disconnection, but merely
opined that it may become more prevalent as the source of suitable
replacement parts are diminished.  I do have my doubts that the vapor
separator can ever be adequately cleaned once the innards start to rust
or corrode.

However, since the replacement part is NLA, I would suggest that
offering a replacement for the NLA part would more productive and I'm
sure the Digest would welcome the information in lieu of of what was
offered by the below author.

BTW, the same argument re: breathing others' emissions could be made for
every single SPICA to Weber conversion or air pump removal or recamming
or any one of a 100 things that have been discussed in this Digest over
these many months which would give the air police fits.  Let's lighten
up, shall we?

Bill Bain
'83 Spider - passed the dyno emissions test nicely, thank you, and is in
the garage awaiting weather warm enough to complete refinishing the
urethane parts (talk about emissions -- ever sprayed that urethane??).