flogging a dead vapor separator

Howdy,

At the risk of continuing a topic well past its viable interest level
(imagine that), I have a question about alternatives to the stock
vapor separator for the 105/115 series engines.  The AR Ricambi
catalog has a picture of one of their racing engines on a stand, with
what looks like a nice little K&N filter attached directly to the
exhaust port off the cam cover.  Is this configuration actually used
by anyone?  It looks great (call me shallow), but I realize you're
still blowing fumes into the atmosphere.

<no alfa content following, just ranting>

The SF Chronicle had an article yesterday on the atrocious state of
driving here in the Bay Area.  They had many reasons, including past
funding cuts for driver ed courses.  One of my favorites was that the
DMV has made the test so easy anyone can pass.  Why?  Because when it
was hard people failed, thus causing long lines at the DMV.  Uff.  The
Chronicle's solution seemed to be to just drive better and nicer.

<cranky-mode off.  hmm, might not be possible>

Thanks,
Marc Alley
Palo Alto