RE: Block heaters

<snip>
> You'll need to replace the coolant lost during installation, also be sure
> bleed the cooling system.  I don't know how to bleed a GTV6, but the
inline 4
> cylinder needs to be bled while topping up, first at the bleed screw at
the top
> of the water pump, then at the bleed screw next to the thermostat housing
on the
> intake manifold.

there's a bleed nut at the top of the thermostat housing, at the front of
the motor.

> Avoid any system intended to be installed into the radiator hose or
radiator.
> Also, any dipstick heaters can be considered useless.

i'm curious as to why?  i can understand avoiding the dip stick heaters (so
as not to cook the oil), but why the ones that go into the radiator hose?
in the past, when i owned small starter 1750 berlinas as my only cars, they
worked fine during new england winters.  i thought the only thing to
remember with the in-line radiator hose heaters was to install them in a
vertical section of hose, to facilitate circulation.

bs