Tribute to Lucas

Over the weekend I received an "interesting" email from an MGB fanatic.  On
my web site (http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/scuderia_warren) I had
mentioned the old joke "Lucas electrics: why the British drink warm beer"
and the MGB owner took me to task.

So what I would like to do is add a new page to my web site: a tribute to
Lucas and British Leyland.  But I intend to do it as a roast, not a
testimonial.  So I'm asking all my Alfisti friends to email me their
one-lines and short jokes about Lucas/BL.  Here's what I have so far:

MGB: proof that old tractor engines can live on.

MGB: from the front, looks like a hamster wearing a baseball cap.

Lucas Refrigerators: why the British drink warm beer.

Lucas: created the first multi-setting headlamps.  Dim, flicker, off.

Lucas: inadvertently created the first intermittent windshield wipers.

etc., etc.  If I get enough good zingers, I'll put them on the site and
credit the person who first emailed me.

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR (damn, it's COLD here!)
1988 Milano Platinum, "Snow Hawk", 154k miles
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 131k miles