Subject: 164 Exhaust

     My centre muffler is shot. In some recent dialogue, Alfa Bill
     suggested that
     I replace this muffler with a staight pipe since "it is paper mache"
     anyway.
     I checked the 164 homepage and it has a reference to someone replacing
     the
     rear muffler with a straight section, without significant noise
     increase. So
     now I'm confused. Does anyone else have expewrience in this area?

     I recently replaced my center muffler on my 164 with a unit from
     International Auto Parts, it was very economical and fits and works
     just fine. Be certain to get new gaskets. The center section should
     just drop out and the new one slips in - easy install. I didn't want
     to modify my 164 feeling that the designers did a pretty good job with
     the original car - you might feel differently.

     Sid
     164L - Darth