Re: Lucas

In a message dated 12/22/98 8:12:26 PM Central Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

>  Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:17:25 -0800
>  From: Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided>
>  Subject: Re: alfa-digest V7 #342
>
>  At 07:32 AM 12/22/98 -0700, Bob Lorenzini wrote:
>  >>All of you that have been making fun of Lucas electric's may not be aware
>  >>of
>  >>how innovative a company they really were. They were the first to come
>  >>out
>  >>with the dual beam headlamp which had two settings - flicker and dim.
>  >
>  >Yes but was this intended? Lucas has always worked this way. :-)
>
>  also, Lucas inadvertantly invented the intermittant windshield wiper --
>  don't forget that important innovation.

Are you sure about this?  There was a law suit here in the colonies a few
years ago about a fellow who sued the major auto manufacturers for patent
infringement for his invention of the intermittant ww.  He won alot of money.

I've heard it said that the reason the Brits drink (to us) warm beer is that
they have Lucas refrigerators.

Jerry in Houston

Jerry in Houston