Re: Block heaters and all that

Heck, with all due respect to Fred and the Alfa engineers (that's alot in
both cases), I wish they had sealed and ground all the electrical
connections adequately so I wouldn't have to do this task annually using
that magic gold dust Stabilant 22 that Fred is also very fond of; my
rear/brake lights always seems to act up arond this time of year in New England.

Maybe oxidation and moisture just don't exist in Lombarda :-)

WRT Frank from Cape Cod and his Milano problem. I am very protective of Alfa
owners, suppliers and mechanics, all of which are on the endangered species
list. Be nice to each other and preserve what you treasure.

That said, I'd post your experience, stick to the documented facts and stay
away from personal attacks, folks will form their own opinions. Maybe the
mechanic will have a chance to rebut. In any case, I would not want to be
sued for defamation of character.

If your problem is a warped head (the car's), Paul Glynn still has Herb
Ridge's motor, 50K miles, Mobil-1 all its life, running when the car got
hit. I almost bought it from Paul, but I decided to go with a 3.0 instead, I
got the tranny from that car, it is perfect.

You could have Paul installed this motor in your car for less than $1500 and
in a couple of days, I am willing to bet.

        - Steve.