Color spec. 750 Sprint

Hi Old Alfisti,
Does anyone out there know how to order the correct color of "Bertone Red"
for a 750 Sprint (early eyebrow).  I hope to use PPG's color and clear coat
system.  I have Tom Zat's color chips, but can't use them (except by
eyeballing) and his chips don't even list a red for the 1950s!  I suspect it
may be the "501B", but don't really trust this info.  So does anyone have
better info for me?  If you have done this research (preferably something I
can use at the PPG store), please send me what you know, how it was
determined, and indicate your level of confidence in this information.
Peter K. Pleitner; pleitner@domain.elided