Milano Automatic

Last week I posted a problem with the replacement gear-selector cable I had
installed in our '88 Milano automatic.  Specifically, the sheath
surrounding the replacement cable was quite flimsy compared to the
original, and when the selector was pushed towards "park", so that the
cable should push on the tranny lever, instead it simply bowed and nothing
happened.  Bob Little (he used to work for ARI in NJ, and this is the third
time he has helped me with a Milano problem) responded and suggested I
contact either Tony D'Muro or Riccaddi Brugnoli at ARDONA in Orlando.  The
information I received should be of use to others who might have the same
problem.  Mr. Brugnoli informed me that the problem I experienced with the
replacement cable was typical, and to correct the problem the cable should,
along its length, be connected to the sheet metal floor of the car using
u-shaped fasteners.  In my case things had become a lot more complicated
because I attempted an alternate procedure.  But the preceding is the
proper (or at least simpler) procedure.

Bob Cess, Stony Brook, NY