Re: Audi A4 vs 105 GTV

From: Lawrence Gowin (Lgowin@domain.elided)

>But the idea of air conditioning and low wind noise and the very nice feeling
>the Audi has is also appealing.  Is anyone out there using an older GTV as a
>daily - rainy day, sunny day, hot day, cold day - driver?

Pine no more. If you give up the Alfa, you'll regret it every time the
road beckons. I've been driving my (115) GTV for 23 years now and it
currently has 372,000 miles on it. No A/C but the heater is wonderful.

Driving in summer? Last year I took it with my 10 year old son on a trip
to Tucson, AZ (2,000 mi round trip) in July. Over 100 F (40 C) in the
car nearly the whole way, but we had a blast. I told the complete story
in the Oct/Nov Cams last year.

We also have a Saab 900 ('84) which I love also. While I'm driving it, it
seems quiet and competent while the Alfa is harsh and crude. When I'm in
the Alfa though, the Saab seems soft and squishy while the Alfa is virile
and direct. I never regret driving either car, but it's no secret which I
have the more fun in.

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |                                             |
| jack@domain.elided   |                                             |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |  You will be wise not to seek too much      |
| Livermore, CA		      |      from others. - Fortune cookie          |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |                                             |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |