Audi A4 vs 105 GTV

I am very close to getting an Audi A4, but the idea of taking on a car payment
is not very appealing.  I've put a lot of time and money into my 71 GTV (2
litre, Webers, big valves, rebuilt tranny, new weatherstripping, new
windshield, new hydraulics, etc.) and would love to drive it daily.  I don't
have any soundproofing on the firewall or under the hood, so its pretty loud.

Would I be making a mistake to try to make this my daily driver?  I love the
car, but its nearly 30 years old.  I haven't rebushed my suspension, and the
shocks are worn, so it rides a little rough.  That can be fixed.  However, its
noisy and can be very very hot in the summer.  I understand that part of the
appeal of classic cars is living with the things that give them character, and
would never want to take those 'rougher edges' out of my GTV.  Punching the
gas and hearing the engine's aggressive howl at high RPM is magical, and
largely unseen on the sports cars of today.

But the idea of air conditioning and low wind noise and the very nice feeling
the Audi has is also appealing.  Is anyone out there using an older GTV as a
daily - rainy day, sunny day, hot day, cold day - driver?  I'm pining over
this decision.

Lawrence Gowin
71 GTV