155 engine into Spider?

Some of you may be irritated that I am bringing up engine conversions
again. Well I am sorry, but the condition of my engine is such that a
new engine would probably end up costing only slightly more than a total
rebuild of mine (this includes several 'modifications' I was planning on
making during the rebuild). So I look for other options and try to
gather information about them.

I noticed that the 155 2.0L engine is just slightly heavier than the
2.0L in my 1983 Spider. It is roughly the same size and delivers quite a
bit more performance stock than mine does (or will). I am curious if
anyone has heard of a 155 4-cyl into a Spider conversion. Does anyone
know of a good source of information (and/or pics) on the 155 engines?
155s were never released in the US, were they? If this is the case, I am
predicting that getting one to this side of the ocean would be
difficult/expensive. Still, it is worth finding more information about.
As always, feel free to poke holes in this post if necessary. I am no
whiz with a wrench, but I do a lot of dreaming.

Best,

Gregory Scott (annoying engine transplant question asker)