Re: 155 engine into Spider?

I really hate to mess with the lines of the hood-- it looks good the way
it is. I was going to replace it with fiberglass eventually, and if I
(in some fit of insanity) undertake a 155 swap or TS head project, I
suppose it will have to have some sort of scoop in it.
    I was on Alfa's web site in the 155 section reading about their
engines. The 'Clover' 4 cylinder was a turbocharged 2.0L with close to
200HP. This must be one of the ones with a Fiat block, eh? I am pretty
sure that this engine is not sold on these shores and would be tons of
trouble to get shipped. I am also pretty sure that it would be alot of
trouble to get it to work. Plus, it would most likely be prohibitively
expensive. In addition, I don't really want anything that Fiat has
'tainted.' I wonder if the turbo from the clover engine could be fit on
the earlier TS that you mentioned...
    I am blinded by automotive idealism. Since I do not yet have a
thorough knowledge of car work, I tend to dream up things that only
expert mechanics (or their rich customers) can do. But dreaming is fun.
Besides, being the busy person that I am, dreaming is all I can do for
the time being. Hopefully things will get rolling soon and I will be
able to start on my car. By that time perhaps I will have made up my
mind on how to go about the rebuild and semi-restoration. Until then
there are questions to be asked and books to be read. Thank you for your
help.

Best,

Gregory Scott