weights

To add to the confusion my 1974 US owners manual gives different weights
for all three models! All weights are listed as curb weight:

2000 Berlina 2590 lbs
2000 GTV     2305 lbs
2000 Spider  2320 lbs

John Hertzman wrote:

>In USA owners' handbooks the Spiders, Coupes and Berlinas all have >the
same weights in the 1971 1750, 1972 2000, and 1973 2000 >versions. I
would assume that that is correct, that there would be >very little
difference between the 1750 and 2000, and whatever there >was would have
the 2000 slightly heavier.

Now i really wished i had weighed my Spider before starting to take it
apart to lighten the car.

Ps The weight differnence between Spider doors wihtout the side impact
beam is six pounds compared to doors with the beam (20 vs 26
empty)

Thomas Moll
moltek@domain.elided
Competition Director
NWARC     http://welcome.to/nwarc
Seattle WA

- -74 Spider getting lighter by the day
- -67 Super getting heavier by the day

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson