Re: Calif. Emmissions

Jack Hagerty wrote:

> Then there's the $50 or so every other year for a smog inspection (with no
> upper limit on how much you have to spend on making it comply) until the
> car's 30 years old.
>
> Still interested in coming?
>
> - Jack

This isn't strictly true, if you can prove you spent money trying to make your
car pass smog (I think its $500 - lower for low income families) then you can get
a smog cert!  This happened with a friends mustang, just show you tried and they
let it pass, but it will cost $$.

Also I've seen smog tests as low as $19.95 with offers like free retests until
you pass.

Keith