Re: Anybody who knows?

If memory serves, the term "Superlegeria" was the property of Carrozeria
Touring.  (but it may have been one of the other carrozeri, but not Pinin
Farina, Bertone, nor Zagato.)  It identifies a style of applying one-off/
small series body work to a chassis.  There are numerous examples of
"Superlegeria" bodies on Ferrari, Maserati, OSCA, and Alfa 1900/2000 chassis.

The "Superlegeria" process consists of applying a welded skeleton frame of
very small steel tubing (and possibly heavy guage steel wire) over the chassis
of a body-on-frame car (as opposed to a unibody car).  The aluminum skin was
then applied over the steel subframe, resulting in a body that was light for
the 50s and quite rigid for the time.

I would expect the engine of the car to be a 4 cylinder with aluminum head and
a cast iron block.  This is the chassis is the closest that Alfa Romeo had
come to volume production beore the introduction of the 750 series Giulietta.

Photos of similar cars (and possibly the same car) can be found in histories
of Alfa that cover the 50s.  Probably the most unusual aspect of the car is
that it is so recent.  Most cars like this were produced between 1950 and
1955.

chrisp